17 December 2008

a bygone era...

It's been a year, I guess. I stopped playing RF over a year ago and I still miss the game. Whenever I recall the Crag Wars days, there's always that accompanying bit of heartache. Whenever I recall the raid/repel days, there's a pang of nostalgia that just won't go away. Whenever I recall the lively community of RFO - PH from not so long ago, there's still a glimmer of hope that that once rich and diverse gaming community will once more flourish.

I have to admit that my days in Novus were one of the best ones. There were highs and lows, of course and I enjoyed every second of them. When the time came that I had to quit and move on to another game, I couldn't help but have this nagging feeling that I'm running away from home. Novus was my home after all. I loved Novus. I loved the Accretians, the Bellato, and most of all the knots that bound me to Cora.

But all is lost to Cora, I think. Many have quit the game and many stopped being Corites, which hurt me the most. We've certainly come a long way game-wise. The machinations that drove the ceaseless strife between the three warring races have long since disappeared. But to all the brave ones, we've left our mark on the little planet. The war has claimed many and Novus and all its native inhabitants will once more bloom with the ethereal glow of Halostone.

No comments: